Written By : Willem van Zyl | 2010-03-26
It is with great excitement that we release our latest Uncapped ADSL offerings. These accounts are a milestone towards enabling cost-effective uncapped internet access. The two offerings differ only by the maximum speed that can be obtained when using the service.
The two offerings are:
Basic 384kbps @ R199.00 incl. VAT pm
Basic 4096kbps @R499.00 incl. VAT pm
The Basic Uncapped ADSL accounts have no limit to usage, however if more than 20Gb per 10 days is downloaded the account speed will be reduced by 50%. If you download 60Gb per month, your effective cost per Gb would be well under R10.00, and with either of these accounts you'll be able to download well in excess of 60Gb should you have the need.
When considering whether these accounts will be suitable for your requirements it is important to note that the quality of the bandwidth is not at the same level as our other uncapped or capped offerings. This will affect users who require unshaped internet access as well as users to whom a consistent high-speed service is imperative. For almost everyone else there are great savings to be had and you can simply use the internet without worrying about how much the bandwidth you use will affect your cap and if / when you will need to top up or not.
- Pricing excludes Telkom ADSL line rental
- The Business ADSL Express service is governed by the IS Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), the service can be limited (but not capped) when exceeding normal business usage as defined by Internet Solutions
- The Basic ADSL uncapped accounts' traffic is shaped
- Only 1 concurrent user connection will be allowed at any time
- No static / fixed IPs are bundled with these services
- ADSL is a best-effort service and has no Service Level Agreement associated to it
To download our Basic Uncapped ADSL signup form, click here.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries.
The Gmail ISP Team